Sorrow's Elegance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychometry

3 posters

Go down

Psychometry Empty Psychometry

Post by Delirium Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:43 am

Hiya!!

Quick question - what does anyone know about psychometry as I think I've got it.

Delirium

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Psychometry Empty Re: Psychometry

Post by JET73L Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:41 pm

Not really, I think it's one of those things that nobody has been able to test, like some other branches of psychic ability. One theory that I ascribe to is that emotion or thoughts can impress an event into the history of an object, that makes it easier to access the "memories" referenced. Visions of the future I'm nowhere near as sure about, it's probably just an artifact-triggered form of potentiality clairvoyance (that is, seeing what could or will be).

Aside from that, I don't really know anything about the specific subject. Any other opinions?
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male
Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2007-10-03

http://www.freewebs.com/jet73l/

Back to top Go down

Post by Delirium Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:57 am

Hiya Jet! *hugs*

Anyway, the other day, once my mum had finished stripping my bedroom wallpaper she uncovered this patch of really old paper that had cartoonish pictures on it. She (and dad) had no idea where it came from and said that it was probably put there by the previous owners.

Later, I touched it and I got a flash of some book open at a page with a picture of a cartoon tree on it and I think there was a little girl reading it.
Hours later I touched it again and I had another flash - of a little girl with jet black hair, tied in two pigtails or something and she was wearing a pale dress. She was standing in front of a speckled wall (which was the background design on the wall paper mum uncovered).

Now here's the wierd bit, a couple of times in the past (this was before the uncovered wallpaper incident) I would be walking down the hallway in my house and out of the corner of my eye, I would catch the reflection of a little girl in the glass of a picture on the wall. In the reflection she would be standing next to the front door of the house. The girl I saw in the reflection was the same girl I had in my flash when I touched that old wall paper.

Strange or what?

Delirium

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:49 pm

Interesting.There are several possible explanations, both paranormal and mundane. Are there any photographs or town records of previous residents of the house, or neighboring houses? If you have seen them, it could just be that your memories are drawing on it to produce a theoretical image of the house's past. If you haven't, they could corroborate the images you saw.
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Delirium Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:57 pm

I've never seen any pictures or images of the previous owners as I do not know them or have heard about/from them. I tried going to the history department in the library to look for info on the previous owners but couldn't find anything. My dad said we moved into the house when I was two - meaning that it was sixteen years ago. My older sister Gillian said that the house was done up before we moved in it and that the house itself was partially rebuilt. However this would suggest that there is paperwork behind this but I haven't found any. I'm away to try and save up some money so I could try and get access to the records in the city archives under the town hall - you have to pay to see them unfortunately.

p.s. Nice avatar by the way. Did you make it?

Delirium

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:18 pm

No, it's by the guy who does the Castlevania artwork you might see around here sometimes.
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Delirium Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:53 pm

It looks really good - I wish i was that good at making images like that. Still, I can't make pictures at all as in a state of stupidity I accidentally uninstalled my downloaded photoshop CS2 and I haven't been able to find another version fo it.

Delirium

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:50 am

GIMP (GNU Image Manipulator Program) is pretty good once you get used to it, and it's free.
We're kind of off topic, though.

Anyone else? Psychometry? Contact-induced visions? Experience it, or interested in it?
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Delirium Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:35 pm

I actually tried to see if I could get anything off my sisters laptop - e.g. like her typing in her password - however I only got two letters R and E and that's it >_<

Oh, on another note, I'm contacting the housing agency to see if I can get records of the previous tenants who used to live in my apartment. I hope my flashes are real and that I'm not going crazy or anything....

Delirium

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:31 pm

GRover ClEveland! She's doing a history report. Or not.

That would be useful, finding the people who used to live there. If it's not actually something that happened, it doesn't mean you're going crazy (not that there's anything wrong with going crazy, considering half the registered forum members, and 100% of the rest). Interestingly enough, some people believe that actual clairvoiants are less anchored in reality than people who just have random flashes of composite memories, because they aren;t always anchored in their own timeline, let alone the present.
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Delirium Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:10 am

Very Happy Cool.

T_T My search ended as they can't give me any info on previous tenants due to the Data Protection Act - which I had completely forgot existed.

Delirium

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:45 am

Meh, not to worry. You might come across some old photo albums when you least expect it.
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by zotar Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:23 pm

Data protection act does that too? wow... how naive am I? I must say you've piqued my curiosity as well...

Who knows what powers are locked within the 80+% of our brain that most humans don't use?
zotar
zotar

Male
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum