Sorrow's Elegance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you reading?

+2
Miss Valentine
Terminus Est
6 posters

Go down

What are you reading? Empty What are you reading?

Post by Terminus Est Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:19 am

Because we need one, of course.
Terminus Est
Terminus Est
God's Mistake

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-07-28

http://sege.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What are you reading? Empty Re: What are you reading?

Post by Miss Valentine Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:47 am

I'm reading The Fragrant Pharmacy at the moment, since I'm riddled with illness >.<
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female
Number of posts : 4653
Registration date : 2007-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:14 pm

Bringing Down the House: How Six MIT Students Took on Vegas- And Won (the book on which 21 was based), and Witches Abroad (the second witches novel in the Discworld series, where they go to a cross between New Orleans and the Grimm Book of Fairy Tales)
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male
Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2007-10-03

http://www.freewebs.com/jet73l/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Midgar Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:31 pm

I just bought the fifth volume of the Flight series, an anthology of short graphic comics by different artists from all over the world that is all about other-world fantasy. It is a great series that is totally worth checking out if anyone has any interest in graphic novels and imaginative fiction.
Mr. Midgar
Mr. Midgar

Male
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Terminus Est Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:35 am

I am reading Lisey's Story, by Stephen King.

The writing style in this one is very strange, and was hard to get into at first. However now, i seem, as most SK books do for me, totally immersed.
Terminus Est
Terminus Est
God's Mistake

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:35 pm

Just finished Soul Music again (the Discworld novel introducing Susan, Death's granddaughter, to the series, and Music With Rocks In to the Discworld)

Right now I'm starting to read Mr. Monk Goes To Germany (a novellisation by Lee Goldberg of an episode of the detective series Monk), and possibly Twilight (the vampire book).
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos' Master Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:40 pm

I'm reading Midnight Tides by Steven Erikson. Its a story about...well, I'm not exactly sure yet, I'm only on page 132 of 960, and its kind of taking the long route to get to whats happening, but its interesting none the less. It centers on 6 different characters, from what I've seen.

Tehol Beddict, a Letherii who went from Riches to Rags, Brys Beddict, Tehol's brother who is the King's champion, the best swordsman in all Letherii, Trull Sengar, A Tiste Edur(Dragon-kin like people) who is the middle son of one of 6 warlords of the Edur and an able warrior in his own right, Udinaas, a Letherii slave of the Edur who has Wyval blood in his veins, and Seran Pedac, A woman (not sure what race) who is a guide for a crooked merchant named Buruk the Pale.
Chaos' Master
Chaos' Master

Male
Number of posts : 1037
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:32 pm

Twilight. The book with the girl who meets the vampires and starts dating one of them. My cousin had been bothering me to read it for a while, and more recently my sort of former stepsister (long story), and I'd expected it to be dull. But actually, there's a good balance between the supernatural and the backstory and the relationshippy stuff.

(BTW, I'm most of the way through the book, and I'm thinking Isobella is part vampire, or lycan, or something the vampires and lycans themselves have legends about. Don't spoil it, I'll look it up if I fid the later books dull, abd if they are interesting I'll find out by reading it.)
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Terminus Est Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:14 am

I am now reading American Gods, suggested by MidgarManiac. I like it, it is very fast paced, and so far, damn bizarre. O_o
Terminus Est
Terminus Est
God's Mistake

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:58 pm

I am reading the D&D corebooks, a few of those books in this one series on manga and anime (The Fullmetal Alchemist Archives, the Tsubasa Chronicle Factbook, the Dragon Ball Z Whatever), and Carpe Jugulum: A Novel of Discworld (where a progressive family of vampires takes over the miniscule kingdom of Lancre)
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Delirium Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:04 am

I'm reading "Tractatus Logico Philosophicus" by Wittgenstein. Is it just me or is it full of good ideas? I mean I like how he is trying to show the characteristics of a logically perfect language. But why did he have to contradict everything he wrote in this book with his later publication?

The introduction by Bertrand Russel is really long winded - took quite a while to find the interest to finish it.

Delirium

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:53 pm

House of Leaves. A book about a book about a video about a house. There's a wrongness, or as the author says in German an unheimlich feeling to the house, and I've just ghotten past the part where Navidson realizes that the house is slightly larger on the inside. Common knowledge, but what happens next isn't, so I won't spoil it for you.
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos' Master Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:00 am

I'm reading the devil's armor by John Marco. Its a sequal to The Eyes of God, which I found to be one of the saddest fantasy books I have ever read, but also one of the best. to really describe it, I'll just write down whats on the back of the book XD

Akeela the Mad, King of Liiria, is dead. His once great kingdom lies in ruins: its army decimated, its capital city of Koth ransacked, its people demoralized by poverty and crime. Akeela's great library, the Cathedral of Knowledge, still stands, and holed up in its fortresslike structure the remaining soldiers of the Royal Chargers, Liiria's elite fighting troops, make their final stand, desperately defending their land against usurpers. For Jazana Carr, the Diamond Queen, whose wealth has bought her the world's most powerful mercenary army, is now poised at Liiria's border.

there is more, but...I'm being lazy. so, If ya like what ya read, try out the book, its really good.
Chaos' Master
Chaos' Master

Male
Number of posts : 1037
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:04 am

Wow, that does sound like a really good book. I'd heard if the eyes of god, and gotten positive reviews, but hadn't read it yet.
Welcome back, Chaos!
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum