Sorrow's Elegance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kampai! Battle Arena

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Kampai! Battle Arena Empty Kampai! Battle Arena

Post by Miss Valentine Tue May 20, 2008 1:32 pm

Welcome one and all to Kampai!'s Battle Arena!!! *cheers*

Firstly I'd like to thank in advance the participants of the battle arena, you will be doing your bit to keep this forum alive and well. Also this should prove to be some interesting entertainment!! Very Happy

Please remember to read the rules outlined in the rules thread. They are under construction at the moment, their completion will be announced hopefully soon. Any suggestions are once again welcome.

Also don't forget that members can create their own RP threads if they wish, as long as rules are kept fair then I have no problem with it. I'm hoping to get more people of various backgrounds to join this place, so I think this could be a great opportunity to get people together and having fun ^^

Enjoy, and may the best user win Mr Green
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female
Number of posts : 4653
Registration date : 2007-09-26

Back to top Go down

Kampai! Battle Arena Empty Re: Kampai! Battle Arena

Post by Chaos' Master Wed May 21, 2008 12:39 pm

*OOC: is this a continuation of the kampai battle, or are we doing something new here?*
Chaos' Master
Chaos' Master

Male
Number of posts : 1037
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Wed May 21, 2008 1:13 pm

*OOC I think we should start fresh, with JET's permission ^^*
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Thu May 22, 2008 5:13 pm

Ah, I have already offered a suggestion at the Kampai thread. THis battle will still be practice, for figuring out rules. After this we can have rules active from the start of the battle. I do, however, think that once we finish the rules I should set up a separate thread from the rules discussion thread and the battle thread, and ask that you (Miss V) then link to there from the first post of this thread. That okay?
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male
Number of posts : 2450
Registration date : 2007-10-03

http://www.freewebs.com/jet73l/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Thu May 22, 2008 11:51 pm

Once again I'm fine with that. Again I was thinking a forum section for RPs would be nice, since Mr Midgar was asking about the structure of the forum, but I'll have to have a good chinwag with Termie about it all ^^

Right, so firstly before we begin, better state the values for this practice battle, and a bit of character background since the values are different for attack/magic/academic types-

Name: Val-han Very Happy

Type: since this is a sword expose, I'll be attack type.

Weapon: Airblade

HP: 200

MP: Unlimited for this battle

Sorry I just reset the values, since I couldn't figure out what 75% of 200 was pale
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Firesnakious Fri May 23, 2008 7:52 am

(150)
I'm not batteling yet but I shall set my values too (just for the record)

Name: Lord Firesnakious

type: warlock

weapon: staff

hp: 200

MP: 900
Firesnakious
Firesnakious

Male
Number of posts : 3853

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Fri May 23, 2008 1:52 pm

Name: Jechtael
Practice battle stats:
-Current type: academic
-current weapon: staff of ice (allows unlimited environmental use of Ice spell)
-Current HP: 175
-Current MP: 500 (practice battle)
-armor: cotton guarded 30% against electrical element.
-Accessories: snow boots (no magical effect)

Uses ice (environmental) on soles of shoes. Ponders using Aero (defensive), but doesn;t, yet. Waits.

HP: 175
MP: 495
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Fri May 23, 2008 2:29 pm

*OOC-Oh right, I must have HP 175 from the previous battle. But didn't you say MP is unlimited in training/ practice battles?

Last edited by Miss Valentine on Sun May 25, 2008 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Sat May 24, 2008 10:14 pm

OOC: Yeah, but I shall limit my own HP. Anyway, we mnayt as well have an HP limit (even if it;s really high) if we're planning on using summons in this practice battle.

Rolls forward, uses Flood (I did not use it earlier, you did), Uses Ice to freeze water before it rushes to cover more of the field. If Miss V escaped the ice spell (which would have merely frozen her lower legs in place and caused, say, 30 damage, I have not the time to do anything. If I have the lightning swords instead of the ice staff, and she escaped, I prepare to bock. May partial block, will not completely block, as I already used my three moves, and the block is merely conjecture.

OOC: Unless of course, it is necessary that we also use the same weaponry as the last battle, in which case I already used two of my three Ice spells, and have the lightning katana (plural) prepared to guard against an attack.

HP=175
MP=160
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Sat May 31, 2008 1:56 pm

Better get this battle underway then ^^

You have the lightning swords, and I do not escape the ice attack, taking 30 damage. Ouchie.

Miss V sees that JET does a partial block, decides to use her turn to summon Choco/Mog (Air element, Aeon-style stand in summon), using 60 MP. If JET manages to go from partial block to full block, no damage will be taken. If JET only uses a partial block, he will take 15 damage.

Choco/Mog stays on the field, end of turn.
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Sat May 31, 2008 11:29 pm

Uses Aero (attack) and Darkness on Choco-Mog summon, and Darkness on Val-Han. 15 damage to Choco-Mog, decrease in accuracy to Choco-mog and Val-han if Darkness are effective, and possible decrease in Choco-Mog attack speed. Partial block against physical attacks (not energy-based, water-based. or environmental spells) still in effect, I plan to attempt to full-block if attacked.

Ice-based spells and rock-throwing spells count as physical attacks IF the ice-based spell throws blocks or lrge ice crystals. A spell that causes an earthwquake or a ground-rising attack does not count as physical, nor would an ic e spell that creates ice b7y freezing the opponent or environment with cold-based magical energies. THose would count as environmentazl, to name a couple of examples.
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:12 pm

OOC thanks for clearing that up, bear with me I'm still new to the RPing ^^

Val-han sends Choco/Mog in for another attack, even with the risks posed by darkness effect. If successful, 30 damage taking into consideration decrease in accuracy
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:35 pm

15 damage to Jechtael due to partial block. Choco-mog will time out soon, so uses Jump attack (Dragoon/Lancer) to disappear into the sky and direct-attack Val-Han on next turn. Less effective with swords, but will do 20 or 25 damage to opponent if succesful. Cannot be blocked. Will do 10 or 15 damage to self if unsuccessful, respective to amunt of damage agrreed upon for attack.

OOC: Should there be an MP penalty of, say, 5 or 10 MP for using a skill specific to another class? Because Steal can be used by non-Thieves in some games as a non-class ability, it's just that Thieves need not pay MP to do so. I propose we allow use of other class-specific skills, with an MP cost for use, and a damage decrease for using improper weapons (for example, using Jump with a lance-type weapon would have been 50 damage with no penalty for missing)

HP: 160
MP: 130 or 125
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:39 am

OOC: agreed, class-specific skills can incur a penalty of 5 MP. I won't take it off this time though since it's a practice battle ^^

25 damage taken (ouchie!) by Miss V due to successful Jump attack. HP: 150

Uses Aeroga on self to cure by 40 HP, Aeroga uses 40 MP, end of turn.

HP: 190
MP: 400
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:55 am

Uses Fire (5 mp) to melt icy ground, then uses Gravija (25 MP) for a possible... What, 60 damage? And severe reduction of speed for 5 turns if effective, due to mud. Whether effective or not, causes crater (mud surface type) on battlefield, which causes minor speed reduction for all non-hovering characters. No block, not even partial, for next turn due to possible rule addition ofr 4th-level spells.

OOC: Should a 3rd level spell cost 2 moves of the 3+preparation per turn, and a 4th level requires 2 moves and ends turn? It seems like there should be more of a penalty for using them.

HP:160
MP:95
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:43 pm

OOC: another good suggestion, thanks JET. Hope you manage to update this all in the rules ^^

Totally had to take all that Razz reduction of HP to 130 (yeah 60 damage I though that was a bit small but I'm not gonna complain ^^)

Also reduction in speed, which will affect my turn.....

So my next spell will take two turns, which I guess is ok because you're also missing a turn for using a 3rd level spell. I'm eager to try these out!!!

Therefore I shall cast Ultima (30 MP)- which is also unblockable (blame Firesnake *_*). Deals damage of 50? Wow we have a lot of spells to standardize!!!!

HP- 130
MP- 370
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:28 pm

Ultima... Ultima... erm... yeah. 50 damage taken.

OOC: We could list all of the individual named spells that we can think of that have an effect consistent throughout the series. The other spells will have to be judged based on spell level or individual effect, because it would take several pages of double^2^2 posting to list them all.

Uses Ether (+30 MP).
Summons Bahamut, FFX as a sentient-typoe shield summon. (-50 mp). End turn.

HP:110
MP:75

Summon stats: Bahamut
HP: 200
Element: None
Main attack: Flare
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:07 pm

Ohhhhh dear......

Uses cure (5MP), cures +20HP, Uses block. End turn.

HP- 150
MP- 370
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:09 pm

Uses green magic spell Poison, at MP cost of 5. Uses reflect on both Miss Lockheart and myself for 5 mp each. Turn ends.

HP=110
MP=60

Bahamut
HP=200
Element=none
main attack=flare
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:48 am

It's been almost a month, I'd say your turn is forfeit.

Uses Cure on Bahamut for... I don't lknow, it heals 20 HP, which is probably not the maximum for a level 1 cure.
Waits.

HP=110
MP=60

Bahamut
HP=220
Elemenmt=none
main attack= flare
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:12 pm

I declare the previous Practice battle defunct (Miss Valentine the winner, since it really doesn't matter), and begin a new challenge with the character outlined below.

Jechtael
HP:1000
MP:100
Weapon: Lazer Gunblade (like the weapon on the left in the picture below, but shoots lead pellets from the end instead of the Taser attachment)
Kampai! Battle Arena 095
Skills set: Physical (limited magic, greater stamina than academic or mage class)

Remember, in a full battle, the HP starts at 100, MP is 150 start/max for magic/academic skill sets, 100 start/max for physical skill sets, and I just decided to add a Barbarian skill set with (double?) attack but poor academic abilities and no MP.

So, who's your character? (and, as challenger, I go second)
Edit: Oh, and I'm calling this to be an open battle if that's okay with you. 30%hp penalty for joining in-session open battles sound about right?
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:29 am

Wow you've covered everything!!!

Okies here's my char-

Kampai! Battle Arena Tfa

Name- Tifa Lockheart
HP- 1000
MP- 100 (dont figure Tifa as much of a spellcaster)
Weapon- Fists with Kaiser Knuckle gloves
Skillset- Physical

Right then I'll go first-

Looking at Jechtael with a feisty wink, Tifa launched into a whip kick. If successful, will take 30 HP, if unsuccessful, will be fully blocked (since it's a basic move with no MP, thought that would be fair)
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:01 pm

Gah! No way, cheap shot! (OOC: In most games, you have to actually put points ointo the Distraction skill!)

Takes 50 points of damage and is slightly stunned, but rolls forward to try and catch Tifa with the blade edge. Graze will be 30 poiints of HP, direct hit will be 60 points.

OOC: Barehanded attack was supposed to be about 80 for fighter-type characters, but that does seem a bit high for an extended battle, as a full battle with weapons would only last eight or ten turns. I figure 60hp for a sucker-punch like that whirlwind kick would be about right, relative to HP scores, but this is still a work in progress, and you said 30, so I went with 50 damage and reduced damage for my attacks as a compromise. This arena thing is still a work in progress.

Jechtael
HP:950
MP:100
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Valentine Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:20 pm

OOC: yeah that's fine, and to be honest I wasn't really trying to distract, I was just playing my role. Next time I'll be more specific ^^

Takes 60 HP damage since Tifa wasn't concentrating, this should perhaps serve her right for over-confidence...

However seeing that the enemy is not to be taken lightly, Tifa musters her energy and casts Fira in order to test Jechtael's magic resistance. Tifa's a physical type so anything above a level 2 spell would be unrealistic.

Spell cost- 10 MP as agreed, and first of three times. If successful, will take 60 HP damage. If evaded, will take 10 HP

Tifa
HP: 940
MP: 90
Miss Valentine
Miss Valentine

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JET73L Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:23 pm

OOC: I was playing my character, too. He would've been upset about being distracted, and would have been distracted in the first place. It's fine.

Curls into a ball in an attempt to reduce damage, but recieves 50 damage. Fires the gun part of the sword in the general direction of Tifa, 40 damage with knockback effect if it hits, 15 if it grazes, 0 if it misses. Still crouching, starts concentrating for next combo.

HP: 900
MP: 100
JET73L
JET73L
God's Mistake

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content